Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NFL Sunday Ticket on Apple TV not working over WiFi, but works when plugged in via ethernet

I have a 4K Apple TV. When I launch NFL Sunday Ticket, I get this error:

"Could not load application configuration please check Internet connection and click on retry"

I have restarted, and even reset the Apple TV. One interesting note, is that I was unable to reset my Apple TV over WiFi. It errored out every time. I eventually tried plugging it in via ethernet, and that worked. I then discovered that NFL Sunday Ticket worked over ethernet, though it continues to not work over WiFi.

Other apps seem to work fine over WiFi, so I'm not sure what's going on. It seems like a potential router issue, but I'm not sure what to try next. I have restarted the router (a Linksys mesh network). Thoughts?

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 7:33 PM

Turns out that we had parental controls set on our Linksys router block this Apple TV. Not sure how that happened, but that was the root cause.

Similar questions

1 reply

NFL Sunday Ticket on Apple TV not working over WiFi, but works when plugged in via ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.