Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I back up my iPhone on the cloud and also in iTunes?

Can I back up my iPhone 7 Plus on the cloud on my phone and also in iTunes? Or I have to choose one or the other

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 3:01 PM

7 replies

Dec 5, 2021 3:08 PM in response to Dazzlingred

You can create a backup on both. I do it for my device. If you have iCloud backups configured so they will be done daily when connected to power, wi-fi, and the screen is locked, you can also create a manual backup with iTunes, or Finder, depending on the computer system you use. If you have iCloud turned on and are using iTunes, you will see that iCloud appears as the default, you can just click iTunes, create the backup and it will not affect the iCloud backup configuration you have on the iPhone.

Dec 5, 2021 3:39 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thank You. ChrisJ4203. I understand but there is just one aspect I would like to clarify. I back my iphone on my iphone choosing Icloud back up. It will download through Wifi. (it will take long and will automatically back up? ) Will it back up everything? Then if I do go into Itunes I must check off use Icloud back up also or do I continue to use what I have been using i.e. on my computer??

Can I back up my iPhone on the cloud and also in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.