Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone locked to owner

I buy a iphone, but the phone was lost and erased i want to contact hte old owner. help me please

iPhone 11

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 8:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 8:12 PM

Wims1 Said:

"Iphone locked to owner: I buy a iphone, but the phone was lost and erased i want to contact hte old owner. help me please"

-------

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

Learn from This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 5, 2021 8:12 PM in response to Wims1

Wims1 Said:

"Iphone locked to owner: I buy a iphone, but the phone was lost and erased i want to contact hte old owner. help me please"

-------

Request a Refund:

Seems you've been scammed, though a full assumption on my part. So, ask this person for a refund. This is the site they should have used: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. The seller should have known better.

Learn from This:

Next time you go about purchasing a device from someone, request that they let you log into your own iCloud account on it, prior to handing over the money. If they decide to disabled by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction.

Iphone locked to owner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.