Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer music from an old PC?

I have an old Dell PC with Windows Vista. There is a couple hundred gigs of music - both purchased from Apple and ripped from CDs. How do I transfer all that music to my current iTunes account?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 3:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 3:31 AM

See Move your iTunes library to a new computer - Apple Community.

tt2

3 replies

Dec 8, 2021 2:26 AM in response to turingtest2

So it seems like the best option will be transferring the music to an external hard drive then transfer the music to my music folder on my MacBook. Since the music will exceed the memory I have available on my MacBook, is their a way to upload it to my iCloud such that it doesn't take up all my memory? Like backing up the music on my PC then accessing the music through iTunes on my iPhone?

Dec 8, 2021 5:16 AM in response to n_guest

You can use either iTunes Match or Apple Music to match/upload your local content to the cloud so you can use it in the same way as your purchases. Do this with the external drive connected and your library and database on that drive, then use the option-start-iTunes/Music method to create a new library on the internal drive and turn on Sync Library to access all your music in the cloud.

tt2

How do I transfer music from an old PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.