Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari doesn’t recognize secure sites

When I use Safari to search for sites that I have used previously and are known to be secure, I get a message that says the site is not secure. This happened after upgrading to OS Monterey. I have done everything that I’ve read about in various places, but when given the option to accept the site’s certificate (at least I think so) I’m not able to do that. This is driving me crazy.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:10 AM

Hello SusanK28,

From your post it appears that you are having an issue accessing some internet websites.

The article that you came from, Connect to the internet with your Mac, goes over the different ways to connect your Mac.

We would start by clearing the cache in Safari: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

There may also be useful information provided here: Change certificate trust policies on Mac - Apple Support

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 8:10 AM in response to SusanK28

Hello SusanK28,

From your post it appears that you are having an issue accessing some internet websites.

The article that you came from, Connect to the internet with your Mac, goes over the different ways to connect your Mac.

We would start by clearing the cache in Safari: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

There may also be useful information provided here: Change certificate trust policies on Mac - Apple Support

Have a good day.

Safari doesn’t recognize secure sites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.