Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dead HomePod

My HomePod is completely dead. It has been connected to a voltage regulator and never moved or abused in any way. It just stopped working. Is anyone else having this issue with HomePod ?

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 7:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2022 8:22 PM

I have the same problem. I have three original homepods in my house and for some reason this particular one was just completely dead one day. It's very frustrating to pay that much for an Apple product to just dye within three years.

6 replies

Dec 6, 2021 11:12 PM in response to sidney lister

One of mine is about to die now. All day long I kept hearing loud bangs. It was snowing so I thought kids were firing snowballs at my windows. I think it’s the popping sound people report with them. Following this symptom they usually die. I’ve unplugged it now and in 24 plus hours I will try the hard reset. I’ve heard that can fix the popping sound- sometimes. Will see. I knew this would be the first one to go. It was the one that kept getting hot. What a shame. I think they only have a 1-3.5 year lifespan. I suspect my others won’t last much longer. One wonders how long the minis last. I can’t tolerate the popping banging sound. It’s very loud!

Dec 13, 2021 4:46 PM in response to sidney lister

This literally just happened to my HomePod. It made a deep and loud "thump" sound, and the HomePod was out: display dead, unresponsive to touch, and it produced no more sound.

I unplugged it, and then plugged it back in. It came back on and started playing music again. Looking at other posts online about this syndrome, it sounds like I will soon be staring forlornly at a very expensive and very silent monolith, alas.

Jan 23, 2022 8:28 AM in response to sidney lister

I thought mine was dead but, it takes time for a reset to happen. Unplug it for an hour. Plug back in, then wait, could be some time, maybe 15 minutes for the white light to appear. Then try accessing it via the Home app. Consider also removing it and adding it back in. Same patience is needed for that process too.

Also, if you are near an Apple store (and 3 dose vaccinated and wearing an n95), take it in and have them look at it. They might reset it or, hand you a new one. Be super nice and, again, patient.

Dead HomePod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.