Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One person in my family know my apple id and password, they are checking my imessages and whatsapp messages. is there any chance to restrict them to check my messages ?

One person in my family know my apple id and password, they are checking my imessages and whatsapp messages. is there any chance to restrict them to check my messages ?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 9:49 AM

Change your Apple ID password.

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Also, change your Whatsapp password.

10 replies

Dec 6, 2021 10:06 AM in response to rajesh1239

Someone here needs to move on from this relationship.

Right now, your devices can be permanently remote wiped, completely released from Activation Lock and your control, all your iCloud backups can be deleted, and (if you’re using iCloud Keychain or if they know your device passcode) all of your social media and other passwords are exposed. All of your passwords. Among many other messes awaiting.

This is a complete and full security breach.

To answer your question, no, there is no means to have a “smaller” breach or less-catastrophic security breach here.

As for WhatsApp, access to that is covered by your WhatsApp credentials, and only secondarily via iCloud Keychain or similar password manager access, and the password store.

Dec 7, 2021 7:25 AM in response to rajesh1239

rajesh1239 wrote:

okay, suppose if i off my icloud backups and delete messages after sending may be i restrict to get those messages in other devices right ?

Until and unless you actually fix the Apple ID security compromise here, you will continue to have no security.

So long as your Apple ID security is compromised, ALL OF YOUR DATA ON ALL OF YOUR DEVICES, ALL OF YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION, AND ALL OF YOUR BACKUPS—EVERYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH THIS APPLE ID—IS AT RISK.

And make no mistake, your Apple ID is totally compromised.

EVERYTHING HERE IS COMPROMISED. ALL SAVED PASSWORDS. ALL ACCOUNTS. ALL DEVICE OWNERSHIP; REMOTE WIPES OF ALL DEVICES ARE POSSIBLE. ALL FIND MY DEVICE TRACKING CAN BE DISABLED. ALL OF YOUR DEVICES CAN BE UNLOCKED AND RE-SOLD.

I don’t know the background with this relationship and with WhatsApp particularly, but you really need to find a better solution than this security compromise.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.