Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download older versions of Mac OS without Mac app store

Hi

Where can i download High Sierra dmg file after old iMac hard drive failed?

If i want to download from Apple site on my MPB 14 inch it just redirects me on Mac app store and says the os is not compatible.

What is the other legal way to obtain dmg file?

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 10:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:05 AM

There is no another way except on an Apple Computer, any Apple Computer that Qualifies to run High Sierra

If the broken Apple computer is new enough - it may work with Internet Recovery Mode ( Command + Option + r ) and require an active and functioning Ethernet Cable to Router and maybe one might be able to get High Sierra.

But it will attempt to install the OS right way.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 11:05 AM in response to bor300

There is no another way except on an Apple Computer, any Apple Computer that Qualifies to run High Sierra

If the broken Apple computer is new enough - it may work with Internet Recovery Mode ( Command + Option + r ) and require an active and functioning Ethernet Cable to Router and maybe one might be able to get High Sierra.

But it will attempt to install the OS right way.

Dec 6, 2021 10:45 AM in response to bor300

bor300 wrote:

Hi
Where can i download High Sierra dmg file after old iMac hard drive failed?
If i want to download from Apple site on my MPB 14 inch it just redirects me on Mac app store and says the os is not compatible.
What is the other legal way to obtain dmg file?

The MPB 14 Inch is the new Apple Silicon computer that came with Monterey macOS 12 ?

If above is accurate and correct - this can not be done on this computer - period.

Yes, we understand what is being attempted to do for older computer. But Apple Licence Agreement will not allow downloading any version of macOS older that what the computer came pre-installed as new. This this case Monterey.

One would have to have access to an computer that Qualifies to run High Sierra, then one could make a  Bootable Installer

Download older versions of Mac OS without Mac app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.