Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I check my iPhone or iPad for malware and viruses?

I was wondering how can I check my iPhone or iPad for malware or viruses? I know that on iOS you can’t scan. But are they like symptoms. Like battery draining faster, storage is changing the hole time, apps that you didn’t install… I just wanted to know this because if it ever happens I could take care of it quickly.

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 11:39 AM

Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone or iPad, it doesn't have malware or viruses.

I would suggest that you back everything up then retore your devices to factory state and test.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Also, check the battery health of your phone. If it's below 80%, that will slow things down a lot. You should get the battery replaced.

It also sounds as if you're either sharing an Apple ID or part of Family Sharing. Either could explain apps you don't recognize. If you're sharing an Apple ID, stop now.

Change the passcode to your phone and your Apple ID password:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 11:39 AM in response to jonhy240

Unless you have jailbroken your iPhone or iPad, it doesn't have malware or viruses.

I would suggest that you back everything up then retore your devices to factory state and test.

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Also, check the battery health of your phone. If it's below 80%, that will slow things down a lot. You should get the battery replaced.

It also sounds as if you're either sharing an Apple ID or part of Family Sharing. Either could explain apps you don't recognize. If you're sharing an Apple ID, stop now.

Change the passcode to your phone and your Apple ID password:

Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

How can I check my iPhone or iPad for malware and viruses?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.