Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

safari virus (bing, yahoo)

When I search in safari I sometimes get bing or yahoo instead of google. And sometimes I just get pop-ups that take me to other sites, especially some sort of sales sites.

I've already tried things like safari, preferences and then manage website data and remove all of that etc. I've already removed extensions once.

I don't know what to do with it anymore.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 1:42 PM

3 replies

Dec 26, 2021 12:03 PM in response to LynnXanna

this is not a free solution unfortunately.

The free version is run manually. The pay-for version runs automatically in the background to intercept adware in real time.

You have adware, not a virus, and most adware is "caught" when you visit download hosting sites, or any site that claims to give you free what you know costs money normally.

Most adware is a self-inflicted wound. If you or another user of your computer cannot stay away from such internet honey pots, then you need the pay-for version. If you practice good computer disciple, the free version can be manually run at intervals you chose to check for for recent oversights.

safari virus (bing, yahoo)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.