Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up new iPhone and no sim card comes up

Why do I get no sim card on new iPhone after set up - everything else works. I downloaded from Icloud

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 4:13 PM

This is probably because your iPhone does not have an active SIM card in it. Do you still have your old phone? If YES, then are you able make and receive calls from it? If you ARE, then the active SIM card is still in your old phone. You can transfer the SIM card from your old Phone to your new iPhone. Note that the SIM card size must be the same between both phones. You did not reveal the model of your old Phone or the model of your new iPhone. I, therefore, have no way of knowing whether the SIM card size is the same. I recommend that you contact your carrier if you run into a fix and have them resolve the cellular service issue for your new iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 6, 2021 4:13 PM in response to lkglaze

This is probably because your iPhone does not have an active SIM card in it. Do you still have your old phone? If YES, then are you able make and receive calls from it? If you ARE, then the active SIM card is still in your old phone. You can transfer the SIM card from your old Phone to your new iPhone. Note that the SIM card size must be the same between both phones. You did not reveal the model of your old Phone or the model of your new iPhone. I, therefore, have no way of knowing whether the SIM card size is the same. I recommend that you contact your carrier if you run into a fix and have them resolve the cellular service issue for your new iPhone.

Axel F.

Set up new iPhone and no sim card comes up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.