Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Move to iOS "Time remaining: x minutes" for hours

I am switching from my Samsung S10 to iPhone 13 Pro Max, my first iPhone ever...

I am on strong wifi, turned off cellular data.

I have deleted a huge number of text messages, I de-selected calendar, photos, accessibility and display.

The first few times, I had 47 minutes as "time remaining." Between 1am and 7:30am, it didn't change.

I've tried it with my memory card in and without.

I have tried to use "Move to iOS" close to 10x's and my phone continues to hang with the time remaining. I can't tell if data is actually transferring or if the whole process is frozen.

Has anyone tried the AnyTrans/ PhoneTrans route?

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 6, 2021 6:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 2:21 PM

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities FrozenTarHeel,

We understand you're looking for help getting data transferred from an Android device to your iPhone. The Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch article offers guidance through the process that may be helpful.

To address the issue with the process not progressing, use the appropriate link from the following page, to update your new iPhone from a computer: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Make sure your Android device is updated as well. The move to iOS app should be version 3.0.2 or later.

On your Android phone, if you have any network monitoring apps, try removing them before attempting the transfer again.

If you're unable to proceed with the Move to iOS app, you can also move content manually using the steps found here: Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 2:21 PM in response to FrozenTarHeel

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities FrozenTarHeel,

We understand you're looking for help getting data transferred from an Android device to your iPhone. The Move from Android to iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch article offers guidance through the process that may be helpful.

To address the issue with the process not progressing, use the appropriate link from the following page, to update your new iPhone from a computer: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Make sure your Android device is updated as well. The move to iOS app should be version 3.0.2 or later.

On your Android phone, if you have any network monitoring apps, try removing them before attempting the transfer again.

If you're unable to proceed with the Move to iOS app, you can also move content manually using the steps found here: Move content manually from your Android device to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

We hope this helps!

Move to iOS "Time remaining: x minutes" for hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.