Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music on Big Sur

How do I add a new folder to All Playlists in Music?

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:47 AM

3 replies

Dec 7, 2021 5:57 PM in response to ed2345

Many thanks. I'm having endless trouble with Music--iTunes was so wonderful, I don't know why Apple had to change it. Now I find that I cannot add to the library, neither File->Library->Import Playlist nor File->Add to Library work at all. Nothing happens. Another problem is that when I populate a Playlist Folder the songs added show up fine as contents of that folder. Then when I shut down and restart the machine all Folders are once again blank. What am I doing wrong? Do I have incorrect settings in my Preferences?

Dec 8, 2021 4:53 AM in response to xirixp

Xirixp,

Glad we got the original problem solved. :-)

That "nothing happens" effect when you try to add a file is generally a sign of an audio file that is invalid or has slight corruption. If you have a 3rd party tool that can clean up the file, or convert it to AAC, that should solve the issue; otherwise you may need to go to a different source for the files.

About the disappearing folder contents: Not sure I am following, but you should not be adding songs directly to playlist folders. Add the songs to playlists, and the let the playlists be in the folders. Does that help?

Music on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.