Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail doesn't send and just disappears

When I send an email (Gmail) from my Mac desktop, it sometimes just disappears and doesn't send. I can't find or recover it anywhere. Not in sent mail, nor my inbox (I bcc myself on all mail) nor in drafts, all mail, nor archive. No outbox shows either, and no notice that it didn't send.

I only have one email account for personal use, and never had problems previously. If something didn't send, I used to get a notice of a failure, and given options. There was always then an outbox that showed up, where I could find the email. That's no longer happening.

Thanks for any suggestions.

iMac 27″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:58 AM

Please first restart in Safe Mode ( Safe Mode Reset ) and then restart normally and retest. Please let us know if that does or does not help.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 7, 2021 9:50 AM in response to pennyfromfrisco

You have to continue holding the Shift key down until the computer restarts in Safe Mode, you will see "Safe" in the upper right corner of the display. It can take up to 5-10 minutes to restart in Safe Mode.

Also, if you are using a wireless keyboard that is rechargeable, please connect the cable to charge it while doing the reset. If you are using a wireless keyboard that is not rechargeable, please use ANY wired USB keyboard.

Mail doesn't send and just disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.