Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t pay for my icould storage

I don’t know what to do

iPhone 12

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:55 AM

If you forfeit on your subscription you may lose content, so copy it somewhere else if it matters to you. iCloud storage above the default free 5GB costs a monthly subscription fee. If you don’t pay the fee, you can expect to be locked out of your content and may also even be deleted.

Best if you cannot afford the subscription, copy the data you want to keep to a computer or hard drive to get your iCloud storage below 5GB. Then cancel your subscription.

See -> Legal - iCloud - Apple

The applicable fee for an upgraded plan will take effect immediately; downgrades to your plan will take effect on the next annual or monthly billing date. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING APPLE WITH VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAYMENT ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES. If Apple is unable to successfully charge your credit card or payment account for fees due, Apple reserves the right to revoke or restrict access to your stored content, delete your stored content, or terminate your Account. If you want to designate a different credit card or payment account or if there is a change in your credit card or payment account status, you must change your information online in the Account Information section of iCloud; this may temporarily disrupt your access to the Services while Apple verifies your new payment information. We may contact you via email regarding your account, for reasons including, without limitation, reaching or exceeding your storage limit of your selected plan. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:55 AM in response to Catbb72

If you forfeit on your subscription you may lose content, so copy it somewhere else if it matters to you. iCloud storage above the default free 5GB costs a monthly subscription fee. If you don’t pay the fee, you can expect to be locked out of your content and may also even be deleted.

Best if you cannot afford the subscription, copy the data you want to keep to a computer or hard drive to get your iCloud storage below 5GB. Then cancel your subscription.

See -> Legal - iCloud - Apple

The applicable fee for an upgraded plan will take effect immediately; downgrades to your plan will take effect on the next annual or monthly billing date. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TIMELY PAYMENT OF ALL FEES AND FOR PROVIDING APPLE WITH VALID CREDIT CARD OR PAYMENT ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR PAYMENT OF ALL FEES. If Apple is unable to successfully charge your credit card or payment account for fees due, Apple reserves the right to revoke or restrict access to your stored content, delete your stored content, or terminate your Account. If you want to designate a different credit card or payment account or if there is a change in your credit card or payment account status, you must change your information online in the Account Information section of iCloud; this may temporarily disrupt your access to the Services while Apple verifies your new payment information. We may contact you via email regarding your account, for reasons including, without limitation, reaching or exceeding your storage limit of your selected plan. 

I can’t pay for my icould storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.