Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phishing email

While I was on my phone, I went into my junk mail to get an email that had been sent there and ended up seeing an email that said something had been delivered to me, the fact that it was in my junk mail should have been my first clue and the red flag was clue number two, I clicked the link but I ended up with a virtual assistant talking about confirming my delivery or something and what kind of delivery, I'm not sure since I can't remember it all and the other links were practically useless and I suspect wanted certain info, which I did not give them btw but I'm still worried that by clicking the link and/or opening the email bad things might have still happened. Has it?

iPhone 4s, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 11:38 AM

ShazamJr wrote:

Could clicking the link have given them some kind of access or allowed them to plant malware in my phone?

No. For all practical purposes iPhones can’t be infected.*

*there are a few exceptions if you are a person with an international reputation, a journalist, political leader, activist in a country with a repressive government, but most of us are safe.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 11:38 AM in response to ShazamJr

ShazamJr wrote:

Could clicking the link have given them some kind of access or allowed them to plant malware in my phone?

No. For all practical purposes iPhones can’t be infected.*

*there are a few exceptions if you are a person with an international reputation, a journalist, political leader, activist in a country with a repressive government, but most of us are safe.

Dec 7, 2021 11:16 AM in response to ShazamJr

Hello ~ I cannot give you a definitive answer as I am not privy to the details and shouldn’t be. If you didn’t give out any information like your Apple ID , credit card info or things that may lead to “bad things happening “ then make some necessary changes and just delete these scam emails. I just report them and delete them. They are trying to gain your information and you didn’t provide that.

~Katana-San~

Phishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.