Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with MacBook running certain apps

Hi All,

I have recently tried installing and running an app that is not from the App Store. After getting it to allow me to load it, I cannot open and run it, just get a very long error message. The app developer says it does run on Mac, others use it successfully, and had me uninstall and reinstall several times. no joy.

Gets worse, in the process, the Mac kept asking me to update IOS, when I did, a trading account started doing the same. This time the developer acknowledged a compatibility issue with the latest IOS.

Any ideas? TIA

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 10:00 AM

What you should know is that although a certain app may run successfully on some Macs, it may not run on others. This is because the app you are installing must be compatible with the current operating system you are running. I suggest that you give them this information and they should be able to tell you whether it is compatible. You can locate this information under the Apple logo and then click on About This Mac.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 10:00 AM in response to markfromgarden city

What you should know is that although a certain app may run successfully on some Macs, it may not run on others. This is because the app you are installing must be compatible with the current operating system you are running. I suggest that you give them this information and they should be able to tell you whether it is compatible. You can locate this information under the Apple logo and then click on About This Mac.

Issues with MacBook running certain apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.