Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I get a new battery installed in my 2013 Macbook Air?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 12:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 7:33 PM

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Although your Mac is obsolete per Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support,

Apple does include this:

Service and parts may be obtained for longer, as required by law or for up to 7 years, subject to parts availability. Additionally, Mac notebooks may be eligible for an extended battery-only repair period for up to 10 years from when the product was last distributed for sale, subject to parts availability.

Check with Apple Support to see if you qualify: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 7:33 PM in response to kristyfromlamar

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

Although your Mac is obsolete per Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty - Apple Support,

Apple does include this:

Service and parts may be obtained for longer, as required by law or for up to 7 years, subject to parts availability. Additionally, Mac notebooks may be eligible for an extended battery-only repair period for up to 10 years from when the product was last distributed for sale, subject to parts availability.

Check with Apple Support to see if you qualify: Get Support.

Cheers,

Jack

Dec 28, 2021 9:15 PM in response to Jack-19

under this extended service for battery only replacement (not offered by Apple Support "Communities" in English (Australia) I might assume my MBP 17inch early 2011 might still be eligible for a few more weeks, but the question is . . . . . is there anyplace here in JAPAN where this could be done since sending the machine (and existing battery, plugged in) might be accessible not by mail or "air" since that is now ± illegal (maybe except for Chinese) world wide?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.