Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro is constantly asking for an old Apple ID

I should up date my system but my mc book pro is constantly asking for an old Apple ID. I tried everything but can't install new software. any idea what to do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:37 PM

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Or do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCrl_4k0aqo

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 5:37 PM in response to charlotte_jacquemart

See if you can recover the ID/password. Use every email address you can think of.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple  -  An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find  -       

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage  -     

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

Or do a backup, preferable 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot to the Recovery Volume (command - R on a restart). Run Disk Utility/First Aid. Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase. Use Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button, and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

Reinstall from macOS Recovery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCrl_4k0aqo

OS X Recovery

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

Dec 8, 2021 8:54 AM in response to Eric Root

hi Eric, thx so much. I might have to try the reinstalling way. Cause my Apple ID works - I can log into everything, icloud, this service, here, but I can't install new software anymore.

Shouldn't the Apple ID also allow installing software? That used to be the case as far as I remember. but whatever I do, he will not let me install anything.

never mind! might just drop using macs in the future!

merry xmas

charlotte

MacBook Pro is constantly asking for an old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.