Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't delete blank frame in timeline

I had a chapter marker that dissappeared from the timeline.

It was still in the index and I could navigate to it by clicking it in the Index.

I tried to open it from the index to delete it in the timeline.. it would not open. I could not delete it in the index either.

When I navigate to the place where the chapter marker is missing there was a single frame clip. I deleted it.

Now there is a blank frame with no clip. It does not close when I try to drag the neighboring clips. It does not delete because it's blank, nothing to select

When I play past this blank frame the clip after it runs audio with nothing in the viewer.

I've restarted the app. no luck.

Any ideas?

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 3:13 PM

Start by trashing your preferences. Hold Opt-Cmd as you double click the library you want to open to launch the application. A dialog appears asking you if you want to Delete Preferences. If you don't do this my double-clicking your library the application will open an Untitled library.  

3 replies

Can't delete blank frame in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.