Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autolock

Autolock is greyed out in my iPad settings and I can’t change it from two minutes or turn it off. I noticed this shortly after an iOS update. Is this a bug or what?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 5:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:24 PM

OK, I stumbled on the solution. For some reason the iPad was in Low Power Mode (even though it was 43% charged, and much higher when I first noticed the problem.) Turning off Low Power Mode under the Battery tab in Setting solved the problem.

Sorry about wasting your time.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 12:24 PM in response to CatoIV

OK, I stumbled on the solution. For some reason the iPad was in Low Power Mode (even though it was 43% charged, and much higher when I first noticed the problem.) Turning off Low Power Mode under the Battery tab in Setting solved the problem.

Sorry about wasting your time.

Dec 7, 2021 10:31 PM in response to MrHoffman

There is no "Profiles and Device Management" entry under General. There is "VPN & Device Management". When I open that it shows me "VPN Not Connected" and the next line is blue and says

"Sign in to Work or School Account"

When I touch that, it shows me a form that says "Sign In to Your Work or School Account"

When I enter my address on the account I used to be able to access on this device I get "Sign in Failed / Your Apple ID does not support the expected services on this device. Contact your administrator to sign in."

By the way, I get the same result when I try to sign in to that account from my iPHONE, even though the email account still works for me on the phone.

So I tried again to install the work account on the iPad, and this time it worked, without the two-factor feature. Apparently the company reverted to the old signon procedure.

Then I rebooted, but the autolock is still stuck at 2 minutes. This make it really annoying to use the device for a reader, or even to interact with a complicated web page (like ordering from, say, Amazon), because I have to keep unlocking it.

Dec 8, 2021 6:50 AM in response to CatoIV

Have a discussion with your office IT, and see if this behavior is something they’ve currently or previously set. That setting used to be only via profile, so I’m not sure why this is still locked out. If IT has nothing, you’re probably headed for a backup, and reset and reload, and restore, as there’s pretty clearly something stuck here. Then a discussion with Apple.

Autolock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.