Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I delete all messages at one time

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM

Hello,

The Messages App doesn’t have a delete all feature so it’s a manual process.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“To delete more than one conversation, open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Tap Select Messages, then tap the circle next to the conversations and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.”

I don’t want to accidentally delete mine testing this so I’m sorry if it doesn’t work. In theory, you could go to Settings > Messages > Message History, to set Keep Messages for the minimum 30 days. Hopefully this auto deletes anything older than 30 days so you don’t have to manually do as many.

I hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 9:33 PM in response to wynona128

Hello,

The Messages App doesn’t have a delete all feature so it’s a manual process.

Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

“To delete more than one conversation, open Messages and tap Edit in the upper-left corner. Tap Select Messages, then tap the circle next to the conversations and tap Delete in the bottom-right corner.”

I don’t want to accidentally delete mine testing this so I’m sorry if it doesn’t work. In theory, you could go to Settings > Messages > Message History, to set Keep Messages for the minimum 30 days. Hopefully this auto deletes anything older than 30 days so you don’t have to manually do as many.

I hope this helps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.