Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it

I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it. I cant find it on find my app as well since my ipad is offline. It must have been switched off by now. Please help me in locating my ipad. What should I do?

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:49 PM

anshu370 Said:

"I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it: I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it. I cant find it on find my app as well since my ipad is offline. It must have been switched off by now. Please help me in locating my ipad. What should I do?"

-------

For Find My, Go Here: Use the Find My App to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support

What Else to Try:

• Backtrack your Locations:

If you were at a retail store or local cafe', then stop by and see if if was placed aside by the store manager. You never know.

• Also, Contact Local Authorities:

Perhaps someone is respective enough to have turned-around handed it over to local authorities. See if they have found it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 10:49 PM in response to anshu370

anshu370 Said:

"I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it: I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it. I cant find it on find my app as well since my ipad is offline. It must have been switched off by now. Please help me in locating my ipad. What should I do?"

-------

For Find My, Go Here: Use the Find My App to Locate a Missing Device or Item - Apple Support

What Else to Try:

• Backtrack your Locations:

If you were at a retail store or local cafe', then stop by and see if if was placed aside by the store manager. You never know.

• Also, Contact Local Authorities:

Perhaps someone is respective enough to have turned-around handed it over to local authorities. See if they have found it.

Dec 7, 2021 10:52 PM in response to anshu370

The support article you came here from should provide you with the steps needed to try to find your lost iPad via Find My. Have you tried them all yet? If so, and it is not showing up in Find My, it won't unless it can access the Internet. Alternately, if it is powered on and someone with an Apple device (with Find My Network enabled) is nearby, it should show up.

Until it does, I strongly suggest that you do two things:

1. Change your Apple ID password.
  2. Use Find My via iCloud.com to enable "Lost Mode" on this iPad.

Ref: Use Lost Mode in Find My iPhone on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Dec 8, 2021 3:51 AM in response to anshu370

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

I lost my ipad and i am unable to locate it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.