Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I logged in my iMac successfully with a password,which is no more working.What is the reason & what to do.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 10:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 11:05 PM

Dr D.P.Singh Said:

"Log in password is no more working. I logged in my iMac successfully with a password,which is no more working.What is the reason & what to do."

-------

Two Things:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if this is gone. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If No Success...

B. Reset Using the Login Screen:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 11:05 PM in response to Dr D.P.Singh

Dr D.P.Singh Said:

"Log in password is no more working. I logged in my iMac successfully with a password,which is no more working.What is the reason & what to do."

-------

Two Things:

A. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, seeing if this is gone. For instructions, go here: How to Use Safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

If No Success...

B. Reset Using the Login Screen:

Reset it using the login screen. You'd go through your Apple ID to perform this. Find out more here: If you Forgot your Mac Login Password - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.