Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to disable split screen? I hate it so much.

Is there any way to disable split screen? I truly hate it.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 1:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2021 12:59 PM

It’s ridiculous that this “feature” can no longer be disabled

4 replies

Dec 8, 2021 8:46 PM in response to Eric--F

Thanks Eric, but these instructions don’t help. What’s needed is a way to turn off and hide the little dots or icons in General settings. The main problem is their location top center whether it’s too easy to accidentally trigger when I type in the browser location bar, tap the Twitter icon to refresh the feed, etc.

Before updating my OS, I used split screen maybe once a month to take notes while watching YouTube videos and then only on my larger iPad Pro. Now Im having to get it out of the way several times a day when I trigger it by mistake. Apple has taken a feature that was moderately useful and turn it into a royal pain in the ***.

Dec 8, 2021 7:35 PM in response to SuzStephens1

Hello SuzStephens1,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities about Split View on your Mac. We're happy to help.

Please review this article for the different options in Split View: Use apps in Split View on Mac - Apple Support

There is also this help article which states: Use two Mac apps side by side in Split View - Apple Support

"Exit Split View

1. Move the pointer to the top of the screen to reveal the window buttons.
  2. Click the full-screen button  in either window. That window exits Split View.
  3. The other window switches to full-screen view. You can switch to the full-screen window with Mission Control, or use a Multi-Touch gesture such as swiping left or right with four fingers on your trackpad."

Let us know if those did not help. Cheers.

How to disable split screen? I hate it so much.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.