Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirTag not reachable but it’s nearby

AirTag says it’s not reachable but it’s nearby.

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 4:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:26 AM

From the article:

What you need

• An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 14.5 or iPadOS 14.5 or later and two-factor authentication turned on
  • Find My turned on.
  • Bluetooth turned on.
  • A strong Wi-Fi or mobile connection.
  • Location Services turned on: Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
  • To be able to use Precision Finding and to see the most accurate location for your AirTag, turn on Location Access for Find My. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, then scroll down and tap Find My. Tick While Using the App or While Using the App or Widgets. Then, turn on Precise Location.

Toggle all the related services off and back on again, then try locating the AirTag once more.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 5:26 AM in response to df179

From the article:

What you need

• An iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with iOS 14.5 or iPadOS 14.5 or later and two-factor authentication turned on
  • Find My turned on.
  • Bluetooth turned on.
  • A strong Wi-Fi or mobile connection.
  • Location Services turned on: Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
  • To be able to use Precision Finding and to see the most accurate location for your AirTag, turn on Location Access for Find My. Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, then scroll down and tap Find My. Tick While Using the App or While Using the App or Widgets. Then, turn on Precise Location.

Toggle all the related services off and back on again, then try locating the AirTag once more.

tt2

AirTag not reachable but it’s nearby

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.