Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Esim use

I had esim in Ipad pro, can I use it on my i phone xs?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 6:26 AM

No. Your eSIM is built-in to your iPad. The SIM itself cannot be transferred between devices.

If you have a Cellular Data Plan assigned to your iPad Pro, the plan may be transferrable to another iPad - but not to an iPhone. An iPhone (with either physical SIM or eSIM) will have an entirely different Cellular Carrier plan - as iPhone can access cellular calling and messaging features that are not available to tablet computers - as they are unique to Cellular phones.

The same is true in reverse. Most mobile phone SIMs are not compatible with tablet computers and will not work with them. Instead tablet computers, such as iPad, require a DataSIM. The physical SIM cards are visually identical - but are “provisioned” differently by the Cellular Carrier.

For eSIM Cellular Service plans that can be transferred between devices, you will need to seek assistance from your Cellular Carrier - as the procedure for transferring the plan often differs between carriers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 6:26 AM in response to LaknaReddy

No. Your eSIM is built-in to your iPad. The SIM itself cannot be transferred between devices.

If you have a Cellular Data Plan assigned to your iPad Pro, the plan may be transferrable to another iPad - but not to an iPhone. An iPhone (with either physical SIM or eSIM) will have an entirely different Cellular Carrier plan - as iPhone can access cellular calling and messaging features that are not available to tablet computers - as they are unique to Cellular phones.

The same is true in reverse. Most mobile phone SIMs are not compatible with tablet computers and will not work with them. Instead tablet computers, such as iPad, require a DataSIM. The physical SIM cards are visually identical - but are “provisioned” differently by the Cellular Carrier.

For eSIM Cellular Service plans that can be transferred between devices, you will need to seek assistance from your Cellular Carrier - as the procedure for transferring the plan often differs between carriers.

Esim use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.