Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I have the Adobe suite on my Mac book air, and want to transfer it to a new Mac desktop, is that possible with the migration assistant?

If I have the Adobe suite on my Mac book air, and want to transfer it to a new Mac desktop, is that possible with the migration assistant

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 8:25 AM

If it is a 64 bit version yes it may work. You may need the securities keys that originaly came with the Adobe suite. Please carefully read Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant to learn the correct method of migrating. If your new Mac has not been turned on yet, please follow the Setup Assistant instrucitons. Also, if you do not have a Time Machine backup of the MBA then create one. You will need an external HD (many experienced users prefer the OWC Mercury Elite Pro) and follow the Apple's instructions in Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Ima_cruzan

If it is a 64 bit version yes it may work. You may need the securities keys that originaly came with the Adobe suite. Please carefully read Setup Assistant and Migration Assistant to learn the correct method of migrating. If your new Mac has not been turned on yet, please follow the Setup Assistant instrucitons. Also, if you do not have a Time Machine backup of the MBA then create one. You will need an external HD (many experienced users prefer the OWC Mercury Elite Pro) and follow the Apple's instructions in Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

If I have the Adobe suite on my Mac book air, and want to transfer it to a new Mac desktop, is that possible with the migration assistant?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.