Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Administrator Function from an Account

I temporarily changed my daughter's account to Administrator. How can I change it back to without Administrator function.

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 4:01 PM

Never tried myself. Log in to daughter's account and change it to standard account. It should work as she is an Admin account. I stand to be corrected by more learned Contributors here - that I accept.

6 replies

Dec 8, 2021 4:13 PM in response to margalina

• Administrator: An administrator can add and manage other users, install apps, and change settings. The new user you create when you first set up your Mac is an administrator. Your Mac can have multiple administrators. You can create new ones, and convert standard users to administrators. Don’t set up automatic login for an administrator. If you do, someone could simply restart your Mac and gain access with administrator privileges. To keep your Mac secure, don’t share administrator names and passwords.

Remove Administrator Function from an Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.