Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS15 — horrible performance when connected to car via Bluetooth.

iOS15 is driving me crazy…

For reference, I have a Honda Civic 2013 and iPhone 12 Pro.

• Apple Music consistently has the “Resource Unavailable” message pop up, even when disconnected from Bluetooth.
  • If I skip songs (whether I use my car controls or skip from the iPhone) while connected to my car, ever so often the volume of the music goes very low. The volume slider could be all the way up on both my phone and car, but the only fix is when I skip a random amount of times, or some other system sound occurs.
  • FaceTime calls transferred from my car’s Bluetooth to the phone will immediately cause my phone to freak out and re-output sound from my car, and furthermore will start playing music that I can’t stop or quit.
  • FaceTime in general has horrible connectivity performance and failed calls while connected to Bluetooth in my car. (Albeit FaceTime performance in general sucks on iOS15 from my experience).
  • There are so many other bugs that have occurred but they have piled on so much I forget their specific nuance. I have reported most of what I can remember on Apple.com/Feedback.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 11:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2021 1:38 PM

Another update on iOS 15.2:

• I restored my device from a computer to see if the problem was resolved. It is not.
  • BUG: During FaceTime calls connected to the car Bluetooth if the audio output from the phone is chosen to be the speaker a couple of things can happen. Either the phone will be on speaker and the Apple Music app will start playing music in the background that you can’t stop. Or the same will occur but the the phone won’t let you output audio from the speaker but instead forces audio through the car stereo.
  • I truly believe this bug is specific to car connectivity, and since I haven’t seen anyone else speaking about it I’m concerned it’s for car models like mine.

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2021 1:38 PM in response to diegotheplantboy

Another update on iOS 15.2:

• I restored my device from a computer to see if the problem was resolved. It is not.
  • BUG: During FaceTime calls connected to the car Bluetooth if the audio output from the phone is chosen to be the speaker a couple of things can happen. Either the phone will be on speaker and the Apple Music app will start playing music in the background that you can’t stop. Or the same will occur but the the phone won’t let you output audio from the speaker but instead forces audio through the car stereo.
  • I truly believe this bug is specific to car connectivity, and since I haven’t seen anyone else speaking about it I’m concerned it’s for car models like mine.

iOS15 — horrible performance when connected to car via Bluetooth.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.