You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone have issues with the Sony A80J and Airplay? I am getting very choppy video from the Photo's app playing video.

Anyone have issues with the Sony A80J and Airplay? I am getting very choppy video from the Photo's app playing video. Audio is not an issue.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 12:34 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2021 10:56 AM in response to Joeychmielarz

Hello Joeychmielarz, 

We understand that you’re encountering an issue using AirPlay from your iPhone to a Sony A80J television. 

You mentioned specifically this was happening with videos in the Photos app. To further isolate, have you had an opportunity to test with videos from other apps such as the TV app? Are your videos synced with iCloud?

Here are also a few steps to take as well - If screen mirroring or streaming isn't working on your AirPlay-compatible device

Thanks. 

Anyone have issues with the Sony A80J and Airplay? I am getting very choppy video from the Photo's app playing video.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.