Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone tried to remotely access my macbook pro

I was using my macbook pro (Catalina; 2019) at home (apartment). At one point I saw multiple dialog boxes on the main screen. They had a red symbol and said 'Unauthorized Access'.

My home network:

1) LAN/ethernet --WiFi turned off

2) Peplink router (no open inbound ports in firewall)

3) Most of my Sharing Folders options are turned off. For a couple of options, only person allowed to share is Administrator (that would be me).

4) No other users on my machine

Any security websites that discuss preventing remote hackers from accessing a Macbook pro.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 8:32 AM

uzmakr wrote:

I was using my macbook pro (Catalina; 2019) at home (apartment). At one point I saw multiple dialog boxes on the main screen. They had a red symbol and said 'Unauthorized Access'.

My home network:
3) Most of my Sharing Folders options are turned off. For a couple of options, only person allowed to share is Administrator (that would be me).

Any security websites that discuss preventing remote hackers from accessing a Macbook pro.

Thanks.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 8:32 AM in response to uzmakr

uzmakr wrote:

My home network:

Thanks.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204759

Someone tried to remotely access my macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.