Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

forgot my itunes password

I forgot my iTunes password and I need to stop it from running to restart my MacBook pro

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:00 PM

Hey 564bill,

It sounds like you have a concern with iTunes and your Apple ID password. We can help.

Are you unable to log in because of the Apple ID password being forgotten? If so, you can recover it by following these steps: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

You mentioned you are having trouble with the MacBook Pro. Just to confirm, are you saying that you are unable to restart the MacBook Pro without forcing iTunes to quit? See if this helps: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac. Also let us know a little more about what exactly happens that causes you to force quit iTunes.

Cheers

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 12:00 PM in response to 564bill

Hey 564bill,

It sounds like you have a concern with iTunes and your Apple ID password. We can help.

Are you unable to log in because of the Apple ID password being forgotten? If so, you can recover it by following these steps: If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

You mentioned you are having trouble with the MacBook Pro. Just to confirm, are you saying that you are unable to restart the MacBook Pro without forcing iTunes to quit? See if this helps: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac. Also let us know a little more about what exactly happens that causes you to force quit iTunes.

Cheers

Dec 9, 2021 11:19 PM in response to karina184

Karina,

Thank you for your help. I have this Mac maybe 4 years. Easy to use & glad I bought it. Only found out about quite & force quite today, 4 years later from you. For me that’s great since I used to be a major Cntrl/Alt/Del player. So yes, I found the force quite & problem solved. I did see a quite prompt at some point but that didn’t help. So, quite force stopped running iTunes, Mac was restarted and with your help I have a new iTunes password & the knowledge to help someone else.

thank you,

Thank you,

forgot my itunes password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.