Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Line on iMac’s screen

Good evening,

Unfortunately today I noticed that on the right side of the screen of my iMac 21.5 Retina 4K 2019 there is a very thin dark vertical line that crosses it from edge to edge. Looking closely, with certain colors on the screen, I can see near it other three imperceptible vertical lines tendentially green.

Could it be a software or hardware problem? Because the iMac hasn't taken hits and I haven't touched the screen for the past few days. Also I noticed this flaw right after I updated Windows 10 on the Bootcamp partition. Could there be a correlation? Being practically new, honestly this bothers me, and above all it seems strange to me that the LCD panel breaks out of nowhere. I tried to reset the PRAM and SMC but it didn't work.

Some idea? Thanks a lot!

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 8:20 AM

Hello, Roxainer.

If you take a screenshot does that line appear in the resulting image?

If not, then I believe the problem is likely a cable connecting issue or a problem with the LCD hardware rather than the GPU.

Either way, I suggest you make an appointment with Apple to have the computer serviced.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Roxainer

Hello, Roxainer.

If you take a screenshot does that line appear in the resulting image?

If not, then I believe the problem is likely a cable connecting issue or a problem with the LCD hardware rather than the GPU.

Either way, I suggest you make an appointment with Apple to have the computer serviced.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple Support

Line on iMac’s screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.