Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Belong network and apple watch cellular

Hey,

I understand that in Australia, cellular Apple Watch’s are only compatible with Optus, Telstra and Vodafone. I am interested in getting a cellular Apple Watch, but I am with Belong, so I was wondering if Belong is also compatible since Telstra owns the company and therefore uses the same network.

Cheers.

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 5:32 PM

If the carrier is NOT listed in the webpage, it does not support the Apple Watch no matter who the parent company is.

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

May carriers that have a different brand, do not offer the Apple Watch on the other brand because they want to charge a higher rate for iPhones paired to the Apple Watch

The Cellular + GPS Apple Watch has an eSIM and shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. This means being able to share the same cell number on 2 devices. Also the Apple Watch users VoIP, so the carrier needs to be able to support VoIP, and not just traditional cellular voice.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 8, 2021 5:32 PM in response to izzy_mckendry

If the carrier is NOT listed in the webpage, it does not support the Apple Watch no matter who the parent company is.

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular

May carriers that have a different brand, do not offer the Apple Watch on the other brand because they want to charge a higher rate for iPhones paired to the Apple Watch

The Cellular + GPS Apple Watch has an eSIM and shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. This means being able to share the same cell number on 2 devices. Also the Apple Watch users VoIP, so the carrier needs to be able to support VoIP, and not just traditional cellular voice.

Belong network and apple watch cellular

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.