Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail won’t download new emails

My Mail app on my iMac stays offline, and I can’t get it to come online and download new emails. Also, I deleted my gmail account and can’t reinstall it. What is wrong with the Mail app? I am using Mojave OS.

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 8, 2021 8:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:03 AM

Add an email account to Mail on your Mac

If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password

• Your email provider needs you to update or reset your password for security reasons. For example, if you're using Google’s two-step verification, your Gmail account in Mail requires the appropriate app-specific password.
  • Your email provider deactivated or suspended your account. Contact your email provider for help.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:03 AM in response to tbengal

Add an email account to Mail on your Mac

If Mail on your Mac keeps asking for your password

• Your email provider needs you to update or reset your password for security reasons. For example, if you're using Google’s two-step verification, your Gmail account in Mail requires the appropriate app-specific password.
  • Your email provider deactivated or suspended your account. Contact your email provider for help.

Mail won’t download new emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.