Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage is full but I have 141gb left?

I'm trying to move a folder (15gb) from my hard drive to my iCloud storage which has 141gb of storage left. It says I can't move it because I have no space. I do understand that my MacBook only has 7gb left, but I am moving it to my iCloud so how are those connected? Does that mean I always need to find a computer that has enough storage to move it to my iCloud? Seems so counterproductive, and a waste paying for iCloud storage.

Any workaround? I can't really delete anything on my current MacBook to make space.

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 6:49 PM

luanalourenzo Said:

"iCloud storage is full but I have 141gb left?: [...]Any workaround? I can't really delete anything on my current MacBook to make space."

-------

Is iCloud Drive Set Up?

If not, start here: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

As for a Workaround:

Remove unneeded items that take up lots of space (i.e. TV Shows and Movies)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 6:49 PM in response to luanalourenzo

luanalourenzo Said:

"iCloud storage is full but I have 141gb left?: [...]Any workaround? I can't really delete anything on my current MacBook to make space."

-------

Is iCloud Drive Set Up?

If not, start here: Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

As for a Workaround:

Remove unneeded items that take up lots of space (i.e. TV Shows and Movies)

Dec 9, 2021 6:37 PM in response to luanalourenzo

Ensure that your photos storage is set to Optimise Storage and not Keep originals. If this is set to Keep Originals it stores your photos and videos in their full resolution size. This action will save a huge amount of storage space on your MacBook and will free up a lot of storage space. Your MacBook needs the space to store the 15GB of data and then it automatically stores the data in iCloud as a backup and to enable access to the data on other devices. ie iPhone iPad etc iCloud is a separate storage from the storage on your MacBook. Hope this helps.

Chris

iCloud storage is full but I have 141gb left?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.