Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

late 2012 27 imac CUSTOM designed and upgraded at the start i7 Quad core 32GB ram can run monteray

I fail to understand why an i7 quad core processor from late 2012 along with 32GB DDR3 1600 mhz running off a fast SSD T5 - all is fast and snappy and runs well - i highly doubt the LATEST MAC OS is so demanding that this system as I upgraded to 32GB would honestly NOT BE ABLE TO RUN the system - I wish i could download a copy and force install the latest MAC OS Dec 2021 .... I'm sure i have the processing capability - the highest handicap that I can possibly see is the graphics card with 2GB memory. but still - i run FSX at high frame rates via parallels etc.... i'm sure my computer can handle the latest updates !

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 12:34 PM

calgaryjml wrote:

I fail to understand why an i7 quad core processor from late 2012 along with 32GB DDR3 1600 mhz running off a fast SSD T5 - all is fast and snappy and runs well - i highly doubt the LATEST MAC OS is so demanding that this system as I upgraded to 32GB would honestly NOT BE ABLE TO RUN the system - I wish i could download a copy and force install the latest MAC OS Dec 2021 .... I'm sure i have the processing capability - the highest handicap that I can possibly see is the graphics card with 2GB memory. but still - i run FSX at high frame rates via parallels etc.... i'm sure my computer can handle the latest updates !

It's not just the speed of the machine. A late 2012 Mac cannot run Monterey… period.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 12:34 PM in response to calgaryjml

calgaryjml wrote:

It's not just the speed of the machine. A late 2012 Mac cannot run Monterey… period.

late 2012 27 imac CUSTOM designed and upgraded at the start i7 Quad core 32GB ram can run monteray

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.