Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won’t my iPad charge?

i noticed my iPad was charging slower than usual about a week ago. Then, today, I plugged it in and it charged to 39%…in 5 hours. I cleaned off all the connectors, but it did nothing. I then tried a different power outlet…no change.

anybody have any ideas?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 2:46 PM

These support pages should help with troubleshooting charging and battery issues:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Troubleshooting generally requires substitution of the Power Adapter and cable for another known-good item.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to first seek assistance directly from from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 2:46 PM in response to Deletin

These support pages should help with troubleshooting charging and battery issues:

Charge and monitor the iPad battery - Apple Support

If your iPad won't charge – Apple Support

Troubleshooting generally requires substitution of the Power Adapter and cable for another known-good item.

If you continue to experience difficulties, you might be best advised to first seek assistance directly from from Apple Support - and request a remote diagnostic test. You can contact the Support Team using the Get Support link at top-right of this page. Alternatively, you can initiate and manage your support cases using the excellent Apple Support App. If not already installed on your iPad, the App can be downloaded from the App Store:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apple-support/id1130498044

You might also visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad, Power Adapter and cable(s):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Dec 9, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Deletin

Check the iPad charging port for debris/lint/obstruction.

If present, remove with non-conducting item such as wooden toothpick.

Try different cable.

Try different charging block.

Make an appointment at the nearest Apple location to have your iPad, cable

and charger evaluated for free.

Once the diagnostics are complete, the staff will explain your options.

Make a Genius Bar Reservation

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Use this link to see if Apple can run remote diagnostics on your iPad:

Get Support

Why won’t my iPad charge?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.