Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a potential spam email

I just want to know if the email I received is valid or if it is potentially fraud.

[Image Edited by Moderator to Remove Personal Information]

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 1:54 PM

Hello ~ The screenshot was removed more than likely because of personal info. Can you just tell us what the email said to make you think it is fraud? Probably is spam and good for you to be suspicious. In the meantime take a look here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls

~Katana-San~

3 replies

Dec 9, 2021 2:15 PM in response to NaomiU

Hello ~ You are well founded in doubting this type of email…they are trying to scam you into providing your Apple ID and your credit card information. Do not give any information and report it through blue link I posted. If in fact you gave any information please read through the link below and take appropriate action. Smart move to be suspicious.

If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple ...

~Katana-San~

Dec 9, 2021 2:04 PM in response to Katana-San

The email stated that due to a problem with my payment method, they couldn’t charge me for a case # and that if I didn’t update my payment method within 24 hours my Apple ID would be permanently locked. As far as I’m aware, I don’t have any such case open, hence the reason I’m pretty sure it’s fraud/spam.

I have a potential spam email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.