Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages

I have iPhone 11

and my issue I’m having is ….. when I text someone and send the text it goes through and says delivered. Okay now that person reads my text and text me back but the original text I sent still says delivered instead of read message

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2021 9:56 AM

I have the same issue. I know that the receiver of my iMessage has read receipts turned on. But since upgrading to iOS 15, none of the messages I send to ANY iMessage user are marked as read after I know they have read the message.

7 replies

Dec 9, 2021 4:38 PM in response to kuumia

Check the message from your mother tap on her name and look and make sure that Read Receipts in turned on here too. It could be overwriting your preference in the other Setting. That would control your Read receipt to her. Have her check on her device to see if it is turned for her. Try restarting the phones. Is your mother using an iPhone too? I'm not experiencing a problem, so I know it is not something that everyone is experiencing. You have the ability now to turn it on/off for individual people now, not a blanket setting for all.

Text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.