Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes or iCloud transfer to new iphone?

I just got a new IPhone Max Pro 13 and I want to move/transfer from my old IPhone Max Pro 11. Which option do choose, ITunes or ICloud? Any advantage using one or the other?

thanks

Nick

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 7:36 PM

It depends, you can also try Quick Start. Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have iTunes, it would be better if the backup is encrypted, since it would contain everything if it wasn't. iCloud is better for that, depending on how often you backup. Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2021 7:36 PM in response to nnnnnpatel

It depends, you can also try Quick Start. Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you have iTunes, it would be better if the backup is encrypted, since it would contain everything if it wasn't. iCloud is better for that, depending on how often you backup. Transfer data from your previous iOS or iPadOS device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

iTunes or iCloud transfer to new iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.