Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

I have Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8) installed on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014). Is the latest version of Safari updated automatically on regular basis? If not how do I update my version of Safari. I have 2 problems:

1. Regularly, when I visit certain websites I am asked to update my browser. For example, (a) I get the following when logging in: "Browser Alert -  It looks like the version of Safari you're using may not offer you the best Online Banking experience. We suggest you update your browser to the latest version before continuing"; or (b) "Your web browser is out of date". When I look in App Store, no Safari updates are available.
  2. Certain websites have stopped opening, that used to open in the past. For example, the following message appears: Safari can’t open the page “https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goods” because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “en.wikipedia.org”.

To get around the above problems I have to switch Google Chrome.

I will appreciate any help.

Regards

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 7:14 AM

Safari is updated with macOS, and included in macOS updates. The current version is 15.1, so you are indeed out of date. Is your device OS current? See here for more information:

Update or reinstall Safari for your computer - Apple Support

2 replies

MacBook Pro Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.