Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is causing the lower right corner of the screen on my iPhone to begin darkening?

What is causing the lower right corner of the screen to begin darkening? Should I replace the phone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 8:19 PM

Take a screen shot of any Home Screen of your iPhone. If that darkening does not appear on the screen shot photo, then it is your iPhone XR's screen that may be failing. If the darkening appears on the screen shot photo, then it is the logic board that may be failing. If it is the former, then you can get your display replaced. If it is the latter, then it is probably more cost effective to purchase a new iPhone.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 8:19 PM in response to Howard Hoffman

Take a screen shot of any Home Screen of your iPhone. If that darkening does not appear on the screen shot photo, then it is your iPhone XR's screen that may be failing. If the darkening appears on the screen shot photo, then it is the logic board that may be failing. If it is the former, then you can get your display replaced. If it is the latter, then it is probably more cost effective to purchase a new iPhone.

Axel F.

What is causing the lower right corner of the screen on my iPhone to begin darkening?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.