Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PAGES Search

How can I search for a PAGES document without searching through every document. Let me explain. When I open Pages I can go to file and see Open Recent but if I want to search for another article in PAGES I am sent to documents. Is there a way to search for ONLY PAGES documents?

MacBook Air

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2021 2:34 AM

Or type 'pages' in the search box of Finder and choose 'Pages Document' under Kinds.

After you hit<return> the .doc and other non-Pages documents will be filtered out.

SG

2 replies

Dec 10, 2021 1:05 PM in response to habana

Provided you have allowed Spotlight to index your startup drive, and selected the Documents category in System Preferences > Spotlight > Search Results, then you can search for just Pages documents using Spotlight commands in a Finder window. The following will show all Pages documents created since Jun 1 that contain aardvark in the document body:

kind:pages created:>=06/01/2021 aardvark

It will be handy to have enabled Show Path Bar in Finder's View menu so you can click on a document and see its location.

PAGES Search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.