Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calls sent straight to voicemail after iphone 15.1 update

Ever since I installed the latest iPhone 15.1 update many of the calls being made to me immediately are sent to voicemail. I have been looking at my phone when a call is made to my number and a call notification immediately pops up that I have a missed call but my phone is not ringing. I am not on airplane mode, I do not have ‘do not disturb’ on and the numbers that are calling me are not on the blocked numbers list. Focus time is not turned on. I have even changed my ringtone and checked caller settings. I have cleared the cookies on my phone and did a power cycle. My bill with my carrier is paid. I am at a loss. I have an iPhone 11 which is about a year old.

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 12:33 PM

JustAC wrote:

I have been looking at my phone when a call is made to my number and a call notification immediately pops up that I have a missed call but my phone is not ringing.

Verify your iPhone shows Network Coverage when that is happening and that you are able to make outgoing call right after.

If both are true - iPhone does have Network Coverage, and it can make outgoing calls, then talk to your Carrier why incoming calls to your number are routed directly to your voicemail and not to your iPhone.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 12:33 PM in response to JustAC

JustAC wrote:

I have been looking at my phone when a call is made to my number and a call notification immediately pops up that I have a missed call but my phone is not ringing.

Verify your iPhone shows Network Coverage when that is happening and that you are able to make outgoing call right after.

If both are true - iPhone does have Network Coverage, and it can make outgoing calls, then talk to your Carrier why incoming calls to your number are routed directly to your voicemail and not to your iPhone.

Dec 12, 2021 7:07 PM in response to iW00

I am having the same problem as described above ever since updating to 15.1 (started exactly when updating). Many calls ring once and then the caller receives my voicemail (I see the call and attempt to answer but cannot). Like the orig poster, focus is off, do not disturb is off, these callers are not blocked in anyway. It is random and regular callers (even ATT when when I called them and they called me back). My carrier settings are up to date as well. I have restarted my phone and have network coverage. This happens with and without Wifi on. With and without wifi calling enabled. Any ideas? It is indeed a 15.1 issue.

Calls sent straight to voicemail after iphone 15.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.