Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I change my Apple TV Password?

Hi guys,

Can I change my Apple TV password without changing my Apple ID password? It's frustrating how this aspect is connected. I use different passwords for everything and I would really prefer if I could do that here too.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:16 PM

here is only one password (at a time) for an Apple ID. Your Apple ID is used for everything you do with Apple. See the following from Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly. After you log in, you can use the App Store, iCloud, iMessage, Apple Music, Apple TV+, and more. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 3:16 PM in response to ShanePMCollins

here is only one password (at a time) for an Apple ID. Your Apple ID is used for everything you do with Apple. See the following from Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Your Apple ID is the account that you use to access all Apple services and make all of your devices work together seamlessly. After you log in, you can use the App Store, iCloud, iMessage, Apple Music, Apple TV+, and more. 

Can I change my Apple TV Password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.