Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unlock broken iphone

I have an iphone 8 plus. The screen is broken and some of the numbers for passcode entry don't work. I can see the whole screen just fine. How can I backup this phone? I cannot enter the passcode. The phone has not been backed up to any pc I currently own so it has no "Trusted Computer" for itunes.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:25 PM

You are not going to be able to backup the iPhone to a computer until the screen is fixed so that the iPhone can take the Passcode and also Trust the computer.

Is iCloud setup on your iPhone to make backups? If YES, then those backups will continue as long as the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi Network. You can use the iCloud backup for data recovery etc.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 3:25 PM in response to USN_MCPO

You are not going to be able to backup the iPhone to a computer until the screen is fixed so that the iPhone can take the Passcode and also Trust the computer.

Is iCloud setup on your iPhone to make backups? If YES, then those backups will continue as long as the iPhone is connected to a Wi-Fi Network. You can use the iCloud backup for data recovery etc.

Axel F.

Unlock broken iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.