Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting apps

My phone storage is full of apps and I cannot delete any. I am not given the option to delete apps when I tap on them

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 3:20 PM

You have to Touch & Hold on an app to reveal the sub-menu where the option to Delete the app will appear. Some Apple apps cannot be deleted and therefore the option to Delete does not appear. Most apps will have the option to completely Delete them from your iPhone. If you are attempting to delete an app and the option to delete does not appear then:

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 3:20 PM in response to teena654

You have to Touch & Hold on an app to reveal the sub-menu where the option to Delete the app will appear. Some Apple apps cannot be deleted and therefore the option to Delete does not appear. Most apps will have the option to completely Delete them from your iPhone. If you are attempting to delete an app and the option to delete does not appear then:

You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

Deleting apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.