Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I uninstall an app so I can reinstall it?

How can I uninstall an app completely?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2021 4:12 PM

NOTE: Not all Apple built-in apps can be uninstalled/deleted completely. All third-party apps can be deleted completely.

Locate the app that you want to delete. Touch & Hold the app icon until a sub-menu appears. Choose the Option to Delete.

You can then open he App Store app and then download the app from there again.

If you do not see the Delete option when you Touch & Hold the app but see only the Remove App option, then You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2021 4:12 PM in response to Phonetears

NOTE: Not all Apple built-in apps can be uninstalled/deleted completely. All third-party apps can be deleted completely.

Locate the app that you want to delete. Touch & Hold the app icon until a sub-menu appears. Choose the Option to Delete.

You can then open he App Store app and then download the app from there again.

If you do not see the Delete option when you Touch & Hold the app but see only the Remove App option, then You may have Screen Time Restrictions set to ON.

Open Settings Screen Time Content & Privacy Restrictions iTunes & App Store Purchases Deleting Apps : Set this to ALLOW

Axel F.

How can I uninstall an app so I can reinstall it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.